Re: hashing

Roger, I'm sensitive to the practical issues you raise, as to the mechanics
of getting agreement on the Scheme report.  I don't object to object-hash
and object-unhash as optional Scheme functions -- I was just flaming about
implementation considerations which, if they had occurred to me during the
workshop, I had long since forgotten about.  It does seem like the issues
of long-lived systems, and the cost of maintaining a hash space that is
ultimately sparsely populated, provide some food for thought.  But that's
one thing that optional features are for.		-b.