(if a b)

I'm in agreement with John Ramsdell in opposing amputated IF (although I
also agree with Bill Rozas that WHEN is a bad idea).  IF-forms should
always have two arms.  Could someone explain to me again why it is a
good idea?  It complicates the language.  You can always use (COND (test
...)) if you really don't want to write another arm.  And your dialect
can optionally include the amputated variant.  I don't see how one can
simultaneously support (IF A B) and oppose (DEFINE (FOO X) Y).

Jonathan