REC and LETREC

> linus!ramsdell@mitre-bedf / 11:41 pm  Mar 29, 1985 ****/
>
> An English name for REC is PROCEDURE.  After all, that is
> what it returns.  By the way, is the predicate PROCEDURE?
> missing?

REC may not return a procedure, as in

(rec foo (cons exp (lambda () ...foo...))).

I think we agreed to omit PROCEDURE?, since it doesn't do much good to
know something is a procedure (without knowing how many args it wants,
whether it ever returns, etc.).

> Could some one explain why LETREC is preferable to LABELS?

LETREC is what it seems, a recursive variant of LET.  LABELS? only
expresses that it has something to do with naming (labeling) things.

Chris