Re: I/O proposal

I think the I/O proposal is very nice.  The only objection I have is the
use of the word STREAM for the IO stuff.  My problem is that we used that
word all through chapter 3 of our book to mean the functional programming
idea of (potentially) infinite sequence.  It will be very painful to change
that.  I propose that the word be changed to one of CHANNEL, PIPE, PORT, TUBE,
or any other appropriate euphemism.  I believe that my use of the word STREAM
is consistent with that of other authors on functional programming.
-------