Common Lisp order of evaluation

If you have found passages which indicate a specific order of
evaluation, I'd like to know about it.  All that I have found
in scouring the manual several times over, in several different
versions over the years, is that arguments are 'processed' in
left-right order *once they reach the caller*.  Regardless of
any intentions on the designer's part, or any decisions of
discussion groups, any feature of the language that is not
spelled out is subject to interpretation.  There is certainly
nowhere in the manual that states that arguments are evaluated
in left-right order.