Foswiki.HQ Web Preferences
The following settings are web preferences
of the Foswiki.HQ web. These preferences overwrite the site-level preferences
, and can be overwritten by user preferences
(your personal topic, i.e. TWikiGuest?
in the Foswiki.Main web)
- List of topics of the Foswiki.HQweb:
- Set WEBTOPICLIST =
- Set DEBUG = 0
- Web specific background color: (Pick a lighter one of the StandardColors)
- List this web in the SiteMap:
- If yes, Set SITEMAPLIST =
on, and add the "what" and "use to..." description for the site map. Make sure to list only links that include the name of the web, e.g. HQ.Topic links.
- Set SITEMAPLIST = on
- Set SITEMAPWHAT = HQ web site
- Set SITEMAPUSETO =
- Exclude web from a
web="all" search: (Set to onfor hidden webs)
- Skin-type variables, not used as of July 2012
- #Set SKIN = csailTIG
- #Set BROADCASTMESSAGE =
- #Set DS_QUICKLINKSHEADING = More links
- #Set DS_QUICKLINKS =
- #Set DS_LEFTMENUFONTSIZE = small
- #Set DS_THEME = monochrome
- Default template for new topics and form(s) for this web:
- WebTopicEditTemplate?: Default template for new topics in this web. (Site-level is used if topic does not exist)
- System.WebTopicEditTemplate: Site-level default template
- TWikiForms?: How to enable form(s)
- Set WEBFORMS =
- Users or groups who are not / are allowed to view / change / rename topics in the HQ web: (See TWikiAccessControl?)
- Set DENYWEBVIEW =
- Set ALLOWWEBVIEW =
- Set DENYWEBCHANGE = WikiGuest
- Set ALLOWWEBCHANGE =
- Set DENYWEBRENAME =
- Set ALLOWWEBRENAME =
These settings, along with the System-wide WebTopBar, create the CSAIL-themed topbar: --
To replicate the topbar on another web, edit its WebPreferences to (1) #comment out any "Set SKIN" lines, and (2) replace any "Set WIKILOGO*" lines with this section.
- Users or groups allowed to change or rename this WebPreferences topic: (I.e. TWikiAdminGroup?)
- Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE = AdminGroup
- Set ALLOWTOPICRENAME =
- Set CUSTOM_CSAILHEADER_FLAG = 1
- Set WEBHEADERART = /hq/wiki/pub/System/WebTopBar/header-bg-resources.gif
- Set WEBHEADERBGCOLOR = #d8e5e8
- Set PATTERNSKIN_THEME_VARIANT = /hq/wiki/pub/System/WebTopBar/variant_foswiki_csailheader.css
-- End of topbar section
- Web specific background color: (The "RESOURCES green" www.csail.mit.edu is chosen below; this appears in various accents throughout the page.)
- #Set WIKILOGOIMG = /hq/wiki/pub/HQ/WebHome/Headquarterslogo.gif
- #Set WIKILOGOURL = WebHome
- #Set WIKILOGOALT = CSAIL Headquarters
- Web preferences that are notallowed to be overridden by user preferences:
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = WEBTOPICLIST, DENYWEBVIEW, ALLOWWEBVIEW, DENYWEBCHANGE, ALLOWWEBCHANGE, DENYWEBRENAME, ALLOWWEBRENAME
- A preference is defined as:
6 spaces * Set NAME = value
- Preferences are used as TWikiVariables? by enclosing the name in percent signs. Example:
- When you write variable =#FFFFC0 = , it gets expanded to =#FFFFC0 = .
- The sequential order of the preference settings is significant. Define preferences that use other preferences first, i.e. set
- You can introduce new preferences variables and use them in your topics and templates. There is no need to change the Foswiki engine (Perl scripts).
- DefaultPreferences has site-level preferences.
- WikiUsers has a list of user topics. User topics can have optional user preferences.
- TWikiVariables? has a list of common
- TWikiAccessControl? explains how to restrict access by users or groups.