Stata Center DWG files

Dear BMG people,

I have good news concerning Stata Center DWG files. As some of you may know, we have trouble opening the Stata DWG file with AutoCAD when downloaded from floorplans.mit.edu. This is not a software problem.

In fact, due to the complexity of the building, the DWG files have been splitted into several DWG files. Ex: the 3rd floor has 32_3.dwg, 32_3_arch.dwg and others.

When one downloads the floor plan from the website, one only gets 32_3.dwg. However, the 32_3_arch.dwg is more interesting since it contains walls etc.

As a conclusion, if you want Stata floor plans, type http://floorplans.mit.edu/dwgs/32_3_arch.dwg and download the file. Open it with AutoCAD and, wow, it works!

Now, browsing is disabled in the folder http://floorplans.mit.edu/dwgs so we will have to use our intuition…

The contact at floorplans.mit.edu is Greg Knight [GKnight@PLANT.MIT.EDU] – see email below.

Olivier

When you said you downloaded floorplans from the facilities website, I assumed you were referring to http://floorplans.mit.edu.  The url you provided is a CSAIL website - for which I am not familiar.  Although directory browsing is disabled, the drawings you are looking for are here :

http://floorplans.mit.edu/dwgs/.