[Fwd: RE: RE: Meeting about CAD issues]

bmg'ers (especially michael): if you have a list of problems and requests for the DOF people, please email it to greg (& cc bmg). i will try to attend the DOF meeting tomorrow (F) morning, michael, please join us if you can.

prof. t.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: RE: Meeting about CAD issues
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:54:21 -0500
From: vkulikov@mit.edu
To: GKnight@PLANT.MIT.EDU, mparkin@PLANT.MIT.EDU
CC: seth@graphics.csail.mit.edu

Hi,

Tomorrow (Friday), NE49 on the 2nd floor at 11am works fine for me. I'll meet
you there.

Regarding a more comprehensive list of errors, I think it is better to call
them "constraints". Depending on how you are using information from the
basemap, you may find it perfectly correct. The problem is that the way the
plan is constructed now does not allow us unambiguosly assign type (grass,
sidewalk, building, etc.) to each unit area of the MIT campus terrain. The
reason for this is:

The basemap is represented as a set of polylines, some of which are NOT closed.

If all polylines were closed, and each polyline had a type associated with the
area enclosed by that polyline, I wouldn't have any work to do at all.

However, even if I just had a guarantee that each point on the basemap is
enclosed by some closed polyline, the problem would become much easier to
solve.

Thanks a lot and see you tomorrow,
Vitaly

Vitaly,

Also...if you have a more comprehensive list of errors, pass it on to us
before the meeting so we check it out...and hopefully have some answers for
the meeting...

Mike