[Fwd: Images needed]

bmg'ers, if you have some interesting images from your work, send them to cjt@csail (and cc me) -- this is a chance to get our stuff showcased in the stata center!

prof. t.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Images needed
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:44:55 -0500
From: John Guttag <guttag@MIT.EDU>
To: guttag@csail.mit.edu

IMAGES NEEDED!

The main public thoroughfare in the Stata Center
is large, skylight, interior "street" that runs
along the entire first floor of the complex. The
street connects the various entry ways to an
eatery, a fitness center, child care and 600 seats
worth of classrooms. There are numerous benches
and tables where students can hang out while waiting
for their next activity on campus.

The design provides for 12 large graphic panels --
ranging in size from 4'x9' to 15'x16' -- that will
be covered with a printable mesh, a material you've
seen used in large advertising graphics.

We'd like to use scientific and engineering images,
hopefully from our own research programs. So we're
on the hunt for color images that would work well as a
large-format graphic. If you have some images that
you think would be good candidates, please contact

Chris Terman, cjt@mit.edu, x3-6038

We're hoping to pick some images before Thanksgiving,
so we'd love to hear from you in the next week. A
good example of what we hope to find (courtesy Mark
Zahn) can be seen at
http://isis.lcs.mit.edu:/images/Rotating_Hele-Shaw.pdf

Thanks,
John