Re: redundant information?

i haven't yet studied the new file formats, but i would make the following general comment: it is preferable to represent all data exactly once. including multiple representations of the same data simply increases the chance of discrepancies -- i.e., the chance of error.

seth

Patrick Nichols wrote:
Just an open question -- I've noticed that in the files I get from the pipeline, portals are represented twice -- there is a portal list for each space (by unique id) and then a separate set of portal files.

The question is: is there any real value in keeping the first set of portal lists (per space)? in my code, spaces are made, THEN portals are made -- so the only values seems to be in computing some space adjacency stuff.

Thoughts?