[Fwd: Re: control at or near MIT ?]

zach, BMG folks -- this could be useful.

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:  Re: control at or near MIT ?
Date:  Tue, 2 Oct 2001 08:17:06 EDT
From:  Clcrow@aol.com
To:  seth@graphics.lcs.mit.edu

hi Seth,

Sorry I took so long to respond to your request for control. We've been getting our ancient topographic maps which show our control points scanned and the Cambridge area just got delivered. I cut parts of them out and included them in the attached zip file. I was also hoping to find some more up-to-date control near campus but it appears MassHighway has not had any projects near there in the past several years.

Two good places to check for Downloadable and Interactive Geographic/Plane Coordinate Conversion Programs are:

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/TOOLS/

The NGS Geodetic Toolkit which allows the user to do a wide variety of computations online as well as download software for performing the comps on your own PC. The source code for many of the programs is also available.
Also, check out OPUS. NGS will process your dual-frequency data against the National CORS GPS network and send results in seconds. We routinely get 2-3 cm results in x, y, and z.

and-

http://crunch.tec.army.mil/software/corpscon/corpscon.html

A very useful piece of software available from the Corps of Engineers. It uses software developed by NGS (the same software available through the tool kit site) to do coordinate conversions and it has a more user friendly interface. (for all us Windows users)

I'll send the presentation over in another email. It's kind of large and could get garbled in the AOL pipeline.

Please call or email if you have any questions.

Regards, Curt Crow
617-973-8466
curt.crow@noaa.gov

MIT Control.zip