meeting this F 3pm in the G lab

ok --

it seems that F 3pm works for everyone.  let's
meet then in the G lab.

greg, david:  below are some of the questions
we have for you.

best,

seth.

Questions for Greg Knight

1. Why is there a big square at one corner for each floor plan?
2. Why do all floor plans not have a compass rose with the same
   definition of north?
3. How are rooms labeled?
4. How can we extract room labels and their x,y positions from DXF
files?
5. Can you provide us with types of rooms: office, bathroom etc.?
6. Exactly what conventions are used when designing floor plans?

Some additional questions:

7. What building attributes should be used to
   align buildings to base map contours?

8. What is represented on the "top" floor of each building?
   Elevator housings, etc.?

9. What are those really long wires (hundreds of vertice)
   doing in the autocad floorplans?

10. Why are some walls/windows thin and some thick?

11. How can we pin down for all buildings:
       terrain heights
       floor heights
       building x,y,theta

12. Where is there per-room usage or semantic information,
    i.e., a binding of room number to room type?

Requests:

1. Can there be separate layers in floor plans for interior walls,
   exterior walls, doors, door jambs, windows, window jambs (room
labels)