Graphite Multicore Simulator
Graphite is an open-source, distributed parallel simulator for multicore architectures. Graphite is designed from the ground up for exploration of future multicore processors containing dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of cores. It provides high performance for fast design space exploration and software development.
Several techniques are used to achieve this including: direct execution, seamless multicore and multi-machine distribution, and lax synchronization. Graphite is capable of accelerating simulations by distributing them across multiple commodity Linux machines. When using multiple machines, it provides the illusion of a single process with a single, shared address space, allowing it to run off-the-shelf pthread applications with no source code modification.
Information for New Graphite Users
- The documentation and source code for this project can be found on our Github page.
- New users may want to jump directly to the Graphite Getting Started Guide.
- The Graphite team will be giving a tutorial at the International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT) on September 7th, 2013 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- You can also download all the materials presented at our various tutorials. The first was at MIT and includes video of the presentations. The second was at ISCA 2011 and is more up-to-date but only the slides are available. Most recently, we gave an abbreviated tutorial at Intel Hudson.
- Please send any questions or comments to: graphite-sim [at] groups [dot] google [dot] com . You can also visit our Google Groups page to subscribe to the list and search through the archive of previous messages.
- Graphite: A Distributed Parallel Simulator for Multicores
by Jason E. Miller, Harshad Kasture, George Kurian, Charles Gruenwald III, Nathan Beckmann, Christopher Celio, Jonathan Eastep and Anant Agarwal
The 16th IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), Jan 2010. (pdf)
- George Kurian
- Sabrina Neuman
- George Bezerra
- Anthony J Giovinazzo
- Eric Lau
- Harshad Kasture
- Charles Gruenwald III
- Nathan Beckmann
- Jonathan Eastep
- Jason Miller
- Anant Agarwal